Every effort will be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction, however because of the nature of our printing processes, Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer’s digital fle, photograph, original, transparency or digitally supplied image and that of the printed article. Note that there is a distinct difference in print quality between digital printing and litho printing therefore Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs cannot guarantee a like-for-like print in the event that the customer purchases print using both methods. Reprints may also differ in colour & texture in litho & digital printing. All of our products are subject to availability. In the event that Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs are unable to supply the product, Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs shall notify the customer as soon as possible & shall reimburse payment in full if required.
Designs created by Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will be archived for 2 years. Any designs/artwork provided by the customer will be disposed of 14 days post collection or delivery. Note that any design created by Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will remain the property of Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs. Any design/artwork transfer to another printer/designer will carry a surcharge in addition to the original design cost (calculated at 50% of the original design fee). Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs cannot guarantee or take any responsibility for not meeting customer’s timings on design, however we will endeavour to do so (an additional fee may be chargeable for short-notice deadlines). Any photographic/stock image purchases will remain in Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs archives & can be used in other future designs created by Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs.
Print ready fles should be submitted for printing. Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs recommends that designs are checked against the following before the customer uploads or sends any fle to us. These requirements will ensure print quality is at its best. Any non-print ready fles may incur an additional charge.
• Correct bleed.
• Crop marks.
• Process colours (if not full process then conversion will take place).
• Minimum 300dpi.
• Fonts outlined.
• File formats should be in PDF or EPS – (We will accept Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop fles however these are not “print ready” and further charges may apply).
• Ideally text should be 5mm away from inside of the page.
Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs is not responsible for ensuring customers design & artwork is correct for printing, this responsibility is with the customer & the person paying for the services. The customer should check & recheck any text, numbers & layouts to ensure the artwork is ok before confrming to proceed to print. Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will not accept liability on errors that appear on print as a result of the printed design being incorrect. The customer is liable to pay the full amount as quoted in these circumstances. It is the customer’s responsibility to gain approval to reproduce pictures, artwork, photos and logo’s. Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs is not liable for any claim or dispute between the customer & prosecutor as a result of copyright issues.
Payments should be made in full at the time of order. Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs accept BACS & CHAPS payments (details shown on invoice). Cash payments are accepted when ordering at the studio. Cheque payments are accepted by post. Please allow 3 to 5 working days for cheques to clear before print production starts. Any print produced by Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will remain our property until full payment is received.
Confrmation of the print order is subject to sight of artwork & full payment being received. This means Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will check the customers artwork to ensure the quote is in line with the print ready artwork. An email confrmation will be emailed to confrm receipt of artwork & payment. This will be accompanied with an invoice. It is at this stage that Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs have accepted the order and are ready to proceed to print.
Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will deliver to one UK mainland address per print job only, unless expressly agreed and charges for collation are charged. Delivery will be using Fedex & Business Post, next day delivery. Goods despatched on Friday will be scheduled for delivery on Monday. Delivery can take place anytime between 9am & 5pm Monday to Friday.
• We will confrm a despatch date at the time of placing the order & full payment being received, if applicable we will provide a tracking number for your print delivery.
• The customer should be available on the day of delivery. On some occasions when no one is available to accept the goods;
I. Delivery may be left with a neighbour – the delivering company will leave a note to confrm this.
II. Delivery may be taken back to the depot or local sorting offce for the recipient to collect – the delivering company will leave a note to confrm this.
III. Any cost incurred for re-delivery will be the client’s responsibility.
• Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will endeavour to meet deadlines however completion & delivery dates cannot be guaranteed. Note that Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs will not be liable or responsible for any delay in delivery caused by events outside of our reasonable control. It is recommended that the customer leaves plenty of time for delivery to avoid disappointment. Events outside our control include; strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war. Fire, explosion, storm, food, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government. In these events, the contract between Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs & the client/recipient of goods will be deemed suspended.
Estimates are based on Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs current costs of production and quotes are applicable for 14 days. Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs reserve the right to change prices thereafter if production has not commenced. Charges will be applied with prior notifcation & agreement, for work which is not supplied print ready at our standard hourly rate (£45 per hour / £360 per day). You will be notifed of this requirement and no work will continue until this charge is approved. Any estimates including an agreed discount can not be guaranteed unless print paid for immediately.
The customer can cancel the order at any time subject to the artwork not being processed to print production.
Due to the nature of the printing business, Retroprism Designs, Print & Signs are unable to offer returns & refunds of unwanted print.